Online Scholarship Application
The School of Information Sciences scholarship application applies only to scholarships and awards offered by SIS. Please read the instructions carefully and be sure that you complete all sections of the application form completely. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Students receiving tuition scholarships from the graduate school (e.g., Graduate Professional Scholarships) are not eligible to receive SIS scholarships.
Graduate Student Assistant (GSA) students receiving tuition funding are not eligible to apply for SIS scholarships.
- The application period is March 1 to April 1.
- Students are eligible to apply for only one SIS scholarship.
- Please submit the following documents:
- the completed application form
- 250 word statement to support your application. Please address your eligibility for the specific scholarship applied for. The quality of your statement is the most important criterion of your application.
- your current resume
- your Academica grade report if applicable
INCOMPLETE AND/OR LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS April 1, 2018.
NOTE: Information provided in this application is used to determine if you meet the criteria for the various scholarships offered. Scholarships are awarded based on a variety of factors including work status, area of specialization, place of residence, and student status based on full-time or part-time attendance.
Please be aware that if you accept a scholarship and live within a 100 miles of campus, you must attend the awards ceremony in September (date TBD) from 5 – 8 pm. This is a necessary condition of any award. Your scholarship will be revoked if you do not attend.