SIS Diversity Graduate Student Assistantship
The Diversity Graduate Student Assistant (Diversity GSA) connects with and recruits students from historically underrepresented backgrounds. The Diversity GSA completes special projects aimed to increase information career and education awareness on and off campus through:
- Building relationships with educational institutions on and around campus
- Participating in the recruitment of prospective students by attending programs, fairs, and open houses on- and off-campus
- Participating in the review and development of informational and promotional materials related to student recruitment
- Participating in the coordination of SIS prospective student information meetings
- Designing and producing regular reports to track, document, and measure outreach progress
- Making appropriate recommendations for future initiatives based on program needs
- Maintaining contact with prospective students and providing information regarding School requirements and services
- Assisting SIS administrative team members in the implementation of special projects and events
Know of an organization or person that would benefit from learning about viable educational and career opportunties in the information profession? Contact the current Diversity GSA, Allia McCoy, to inquire about visits, presentations, other events on and off campus.
- $18,534 (Per Academic Year) (subject to change in accordance with the GEOC Bargaining Agreement)
- Ten (10) completed graduate credits per semester for Fall/Winter Semester;
- Two (2) completed graduate credits for Spring/Summer Semester
- Health Benefits
- Choice of six medical insurance carriers, Delta Preferred Dental Insurance, Vision Care Insurance
- Representation by the GEOC (Graduate Employees Organization Committee)
- 20 hours per week (includes evenings and weekends)
- While working hours are scheduled around class meeting times, scheduling may include occasional evenings and weekends.
Applications for the Diversity GSA Position will be accepted via the webform below through November 19, 2017.