News and Announcements
Apply for Alternative Spring Break - Application Closes January 18
Expand your professional network, build your resume and short cut the job hunting process by applying for the Alternative Spring Break Program (ASB). SIS is pleased to announce several projects at many iconic institutions including the Carter Presidential Library, Chicago NARA office, Maryland State Archives, the Reuther Library, and the Smithsonian during the 2019 Spring Break, March 11-15.
SIS has not only expanded available projects but also funding. For students traveling out of state, they may receive reimbursement for up to 50% of the travel, for a maximum of $1000.
Submit via https://forms.wayne.edu/58597fb4c8358/ by 11:59pm on Friday January 18th, 2019:
1) Résumé (be sure that it includes expected graduation date, niche courses or projects and technology skills)
2) Unofficial Transcript
3) Contact information for one to two professional references
4) A paragraph citing how you estimate this will help you professionally/why you are applying
5) Clearly list the three projects that you are most interested in by institution and project name and number
6) Budget required in order to participate. Please break it down by travel, hotel, and any other relevant expenses
Please note that submission is not a guarantee of being awarded a project and that not all projects may be assigned. Preference is given to those with experience/coursework complimentary to the project.
Students will be notified on or about February 4th, 2019 of acceptance to the program.
*Due to the federal shut-down, some projects have not been spelled out but those institutions have agreed to host. More information will be shared as it becomes available.