News and Announcements Archive
SIS Alternative Spring Break Applications Now Being Accepted
Expand your professional network, build your resume and shortcut the job hunting process by applying for the Alternate Spring Break Program (ASB). SIS is pleased to announce several projects at many iconic institutions including OCLC, Gerald Ford Library, Carter Presidential Library, Chicago NARA office, Maryland State Archives, MIT Libraries and the Smithsonian during the 2018 Spring Break, March 12-16. View the full project descriptions here.
In addition to out of state placements in Massachusetts, Maryland, Illinois, Ohio and Washington DC, the school has expanded the program to include Detroit-based projects for local students. This work will be conducted at the Reuther Library on Wayne State's campus.
SIS has not only expanded available projects but also funding. For students traveling out of state, they may receive reimbursement for up to 50% of the travel, for a maximum of $1000.
Submit via https://forms.wayne.edu/58597fb4c8358/ by 11:59pm on Tuesday January 30th, 2018:
1) Résumé (be sure that it includes expected graduation date, niche courses or projects and technology skills)
2) Unofficial Transcript
3) Contact information for one to two professional references
4) A paragraph citing how you estimate this will help you professionally/why you are applying
5) Clearly list the three projects that you are most interested in by institution and project name and number
6) Budget required in order to participate. Please break it down by travel, hotel, and any other relevant expenses
Please note that submission is not a guarantee of being awarded a project and that not all projects may be assigned. Students will be notified on or about February 15th, 2018 of acceptance to the program.