For nearly 100 years, the School of Information Sciences has empowered leaders for the evolving information profession.
It is an exciting time to be in the information field and a particularly exciting time to study at Wayne State. Whether you are a first-time graduate student or wish to return for more advanced education, we have a program to suit your needs and career interests.
We are fortunate to be part of a large, dynamic research institution with proven leaders. We have an excellent full-time faculty of researchers and educators. We draw upon leading information professionals who teach part-time and supervise our student interns. In addition, we have a dedicated, professional staff who make student success their top priority.
Meet our community
In the special collections room I got to see parts of history and innovation that I had never considered important before. It made me change the way I thought about all the books I’ve read in the course of my life. Katherine Emrich
What's happening at SIS
- The MLIS program at Wayne State has been named a top graduate program by U.S. News & World Report
- The School of Information Sciences remembers alumnus Leonard Kniffel
- Scholarship to be created in memory of former faculty member
- WSU Giving Day returns on April 8
- SIS faculty member establishes Lab for Health & Environmental Information at WSU
- More events