For nearly 100 years, the School of Information Sciences has empowered leaders for the evolving information profession.
It is an exciting time to be in the information field and a particularly exciting time to study at Wayne State. Whether you are a first-time graduate student or wish to return for more advanced education, we have a program to suit your needs and career interests.
We are fortunate to be part of a large, dynamic research institution with proven leaders. We have an excellent full-time faculty of researchers and educators. We draw upon leading information professionals who teach part-time and supervise our student interns. In addition, we have a dedicated, professional staff who make student success their top priority.
Meet our community
"The most important and surprising thing I have learned about the information profession is its diversity of career opportunities. Celebrate your uniqueness and know that you have an essential role in information world." Amber Harrison
What's happening at SIS
- Alternative Spring Break provides dynamic experiences for students despite pandemic restrictions
- Wayne State’s Social Justice Action Committee publishes recommendations
- See what's happening at SIS in the Spring 2021 issue of Connections
- The MLIS program at Wayne State has been named a top graduate program by U.S. News & World Report
- The School of Information Sciences remembers alumnus Leonard Kniffel
- More events