For nearly 100 years, the School of Information Sciences has empowered leaders for the evolving information profession.
It is an exciting time to be in the information field and a particularly exciting time to study at Wayne State. Whether you are a first-time graduate student or wish to return for more advanced education, we have a program to suit your needs and career interests.
We are fortunate to be part of a large, dynamic research institution with proven leaders. We have an excellent full-time faculty of researchers and educators. We draw upon leading information professionals who teach part-time and supervise our student interns. In addition, we have a dedicated, professional staff who make student success their top priority.
Meet our community
“I would encourage anyone to not be afraid to speak up. It is a small profession, so I know that some people feel very self-conscious about speaking up at times, but this is what makes it great. You want to hear everyone’s perspective, you want to make sure your perspective is also represented... Sheila Garcia
What's happening at SIS
- The MLIS program at Wayne State has been named a top graduate program by U.S. News & World Report
- The School of Information Sciences remembers alumnus Leonard Kniffel
- Scholarship to be created in memory of former faculty member
- WSU Giving Day returns on April 8
- SIS faculty member establishes Lab for Health & Environmental Information at WSU
- More events