Student job opportunity: Technology Assistant
Technology Student Assistant
The School of Information Sciences / Purdy-Kresge Library
The School of Information Sciences (SIS) has an opening for one student technology assistant to support the school’s technology infrastructure. Build your resume and technology skills while you are still in school! This position requires the student to be able to work for 20 hours per week remotely and available during the day, evening and on weekends. There will be some occasions that will involve on-site work at the school as per special events or meetings. Because of the training involved in this position, we ask that applicants be willing to work for two or more semesters. Scheduling is flexible to accommodate classes and other commitments.
- Current SIS student
- Successful completion of INF 6080 (or a student in MSIM program)
- Interest in technology
- Willingness to learn
- Good customer service skills
- Experience with digitization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Provide technology support to SIS students, faculty and staff via phone, email and in person. This might be over video call, open online office hours, phone calls, or in the Digital Media Projects Lab (DMPL).
- Set up and oversee technology at SIS events
- Prep and install computers, analog and digital media equipment, etc.
- Develop online instructional presentations
How to Apply:
Email the following items as PDF attachments to SIS Tech Help at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the subject line “SIS Technology Assistant.”
- Cover letter
- Three references
In your email, please include the name of your INF 6080 instructor (or if you are a student in MSIM program).
Due Date for Application: November 6, 2023 at 11:59PM