Applicants to the School of Information Sciences with an undergraduate grade point average between 2.50 and 2.99 can satisfy the admissions GPA requirement by utilizing one of the alternative methods listed below.
- Submit evidence of post-baccalaureate graduate course work completed with a grade point average of 3.0 or better in a minimum of 9 graduate credits (Note: additional undergraduate course work does not satisfy this requirement).
- Complete 6 SIS credits as a non-degree student with a grade point average of 3.0 or better in each course. Please note: non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid.
- Submit an official score report for either of the following standardized tests taken within the last five years
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE): official score report for the GRE taken within the last five years must indicate a total score of 294 on the combined verbal and quantitative portions. The verbal portion must have a score of at least 153. You may register online at www.ets.org/gre. Wayne State University's institution code is 1898.
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT): official score report for tests taken within the last five years must indicate a score of at least 410. For MAT information and testing center locations go to www.milleranalogies.com.