Research Assistant Position Available for the Lab for Health and Environmental Information
The Lab for Health and Environmental Information (LHEI) is seeking a part-time student/research assistant (at the undergraduate or graduate level) to work under Dr. Nic DePaula in tasks related to the lab and his research. Dr. DePaula and LHEI work on research related to government use of social media, politics of health communication, and information systems and information policies to analyze and mitigate health and environmental risks. Duties for this position include research activities such as collecting data via APIs, dataset construction and management, basic data analyses (quantitative and qualitative), and administrative activities including basic web coding and website management tasks. Software development knowledge or experience a plus.
- Basic to intermediate use of R or Python for data manipulation and analyses.
- Practical familiarity with HTML, CSS, web hosting and web content management.
- Good knowledge of English and analytical reasoning.
- Knowledge of web and software development a plus.
- Good writing skills and interest in politics, public health or environmental science a plus.
Salary and Hours: $15 per hour at approximately 12 to 15 hours per week. Potential for increase during summer to 20 hours per week. Location and technology: Student has own personal computer and Internet access. Work remotely.