SIS Information Technology Graduate Student Assistantship
The School of Information Sciences Information Technology Graduate Student Assistantship is available immediately. The application period will be through February 25, 11:59 pm EST.
- Provide software/hardware technical assistance to SIS students, faculty, and staff
- Continue to develop SIS online community through social media
- Help supervise student technology assistants
- Update SIS websites
- Work with full time staff on computer and server maintenance
- Develop online instructional materials
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must enroll or be enrolled as a graduate student in The School of Information Science (SIS) for Winter 2019 semester. Students newly admitted for Spring Summer 2022 may be considered.
- Maintain a 3.0 grade point average, and be in good academic standing.
- Strong computer troubleshooting skills
- Good customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evening and weekend assignment (position requires working on campus; online students are eligible to apply)
Contract: Beginning immediately.
Compensation: $20,686/academic year (subject to change in accordance with the GEOC Bargaining Agreement)
Tuition: Up to ten completed graduate credits per semester for Fall/Winter Semester
Health Benefits: Choice of medical insurance carriers
- Delta Preferred Dental Insurance
- EyeMed vision insurance
Union: Representation by the Graduate Employees Organization Committee (GEOC)
Hours: 20 hours per week, including on-campus and remote work. While working hours are scheduled around class meeting times, scheduling will include evenings and
PRE-REQUISITE: Completion of INF 6080 Fundamentals of Information Technology (or waiver, or admission into MSIS program). If currently taking the course, must be completed before start of Winter 2022 semester. Please note completion of INF 6080 in the submission your cover letter or resume.