SIS Diversity Graduate Student Assistantship
The School of Information Sciences is pleased to announce the availability of the Diversity Graduate Student Assistantship for winter 2023. Applications are now being accepted.
Download full Winter 2023 Diversity Graduate Student Assistant job posting
The Diversity Graduate Student Assistant (Diversity GSA) connects with and recruits students from historically underrepresented backgrounds. The Diversity GSA completes special projects aimed to increase information career and education awareness on and off campus through:
- Building relationships with educational institutions on and around campus
- Participating in the recruitment of prospective students by attending programs, fairs, and open houses on and off campus
- Participating in the review and development of informational and promotional materials related to student recruitment
- Participating in the coordination of SIS prospective student information meetings
- Designing and producing regular reports to track, document, and measure outreach progress
- Making appropriate recommendations for future initiatives based on program needs
- Maintaining contact with prospective students and providing information regarding School requirements and services
- Assisting SIS administrative team members in the implementation of special projects and events
Know of an organization or person that would benefit from learning about viable educational and career opportunities in the information profession? Contact current Diversity GSA Selena Aguilera at email@example.com, to inquire about visits, presentations and other events on and off campus.
- Compensation - $20,636 (Per Academic Year) (subject to change in accordance with the GEOC Bargaining Agreement)
- Tuition - 10 completed graduate credits per semester for Fall/Winter semester; two completed graduate credits for Spring/Summer semester
- Health Benefits - Choice of six medical insurance carriers, Delta Preferred dental insurance, vision care insurance
- Union Representation by the Graduate Employees Organization Committee (GEOC)
- Hours - 20 hours per week. While working hours are scheduled around class meeting times, scheduling may include occasional evenings and weekends.